Configuration of video recorders (DVR)18/05/2017
We begin a series of articles where we will describe the possibilities of video integration of BigBrother, ACS. In this article we will inform you how to connect Dahua, Avigard DVRs to the “Big Brother” access control and recording of working time system.
We provide a brief overview of the module’s capabilities to begin with. The program will have several additional sections after installing the video integration module “Video Integration (DVR)”:
– “DVR” subsection will appear in the “Settings” section. The recorders, which are used in the program, are managed in this section. The setup of the module for creating images from the cameras of the DVR is performed here as well;
– “Video Monitoring” subsection will appear in the “Monitoring” section. You can connect to various DVR cameras to view live images in this section;
– “Video archive” subsection will appear in the “Reports” section. This section is intended for viewing the archive, which is stored on the recorder. It allows one to get detailed information on the available files for each camera, view the archive on several cameras at the same time, and view the records from video cameras with reference to the events of the access control system.
This module’s capabilities are not limited: the program can automatically switch to surveillance cameras when people are passing through in the “Monitoring – Event log” section. One can view the images at the time people pass by for each point to which the DVR camera is connected.
“Video Integration (DVR)” module will be included in the standard distribution program, and most of its functions will be available immediately after installation starting with the Software version 184.108.40.206. Some of the functions of the module will work only with the license. Please feel free to contact the managers or follow the updates on the website for additional information.
We will tell about the “Setup – DVRs” section in this article. The other sections will be described in separate articles. You can use the block in the lower left corner of the website page in order to be aware of the latest news by subscribing to our newsletter.
The “DVRs” section contains two tabs: “DVRs” and “Snapshots from video cameras”. Let’s take a look at the first tab.
The “DVRs” tab
Click on the picture to open the full image in a new window
The picture displays the image of this tab. In this section you can do the following:
– add and remove available DVRs;
– configure the connection parameters to the DVR (IP address, port, login, and password);
– configure various parameters of the recorder directly from the program (modern recorders have a large number of settings. We have not yet managed to connect all the parameters at the moment, and only the basic ones are connected. We will configure all the possible parameters in future. In case if you need only certain settings you can let us know, and we will connect them first);
– configure the settings of video cameras, as well as to bind them to access points of the Big Brother, ACS (its purpose will be described further on).
The first thing you need to do is to add your recorder to the program. Click the “Add” button in the displayed window, select the type of recorder, and then enter the name under which it will be added to the program in order to do this. Select the recorder when it appears in the list and specify the IP address, port, login and password in the right part of the window. The fields are filled with the factory settings of the recorder by default. After that, click “Connect” button. The program will connect to the recorder and determine the number of channels and add them to the program if all the parameters are set correctly. Then you can read the recorder settings by clicking the “Read” button on the corresponding settings tab. Do not forget to press the “Record” button in order for the settings to be applied to the recorder after changing them.
DVR log (will be translated into Russian)
Next, we can proceed to the settings of the cameras in the DVR. To do this, select the camera of the recorder and press the “Read” button. The settings will be loaded automatically in case if you are already connected to the recorder. In addition to the settings, which are stored in the DVR; there are still other settings, which are important for the program, namely:
Name is a short description that will help you understand where it is installed (this is not the name of the camera that is displayed on the DVR screen).
Access point and reader performs snapping of the camera to the access control system. This is necessary, because the program will be able to automatically take photos when people pass by, and will also be able to automatically switch to the corresponding camera in the “Monitoring – Event Log” section. Snapping is also convenient when viewing the events of the access control system in the video archive (the program will itself include playback from the desired camera when moving through events).
You can cancel the snapping of the camera to the access point by pressing the crisscross at the end of the “Access point and reader” line. You can view the current image from the DVR’s camera and take a picture of the camera image on the “Image” tab.
Configuration of DVR camera
“Checkboxes” in the “DVR” tree indicate active cameras that can be used in other sections of the “Video monitoring (DVR)” module. It is recommended to remove the tick in case if the camera is not used or not connected. This will not “clutter up” the list of cameras and DVRs, which will allow manipulating them if necessary.
“Snapshots from video cameras” tab
This section allows one to manage the automatic photo-taking module, as well as view and edit the photo archive. The automatic photo-taking module works in the background (even if the client program does not work). It extracts an image from the desired camera from the video archive of the recorder when new events appear in the access control system.
One must specify a directory where images will be saved, and also perform the snapping of cameras to access points for the proper work of the module.
The “Module Management” section displays the current status of the module, the date and time over which the images are processed. You can also stop or start the module if it does not work.
Configuration of automatic photo-taking module and photo archive
The section window below displays information about the photo archive. A separate directory is created for each date inside the directory, which is specified for storing photos. It stores images for the entire day. This allows one to easily search, sort and clean the photo archive even without using the program, but using a database explorer or another file manager. All the images in the photo archive are stored in JPEG format, which allows them to be viewed by any program for viewing images. This overview of the photo archive directory provides the following information:
– Total number of directories in the photo archive
– Date of the first and last directory
– Total number of images in the photo archive
– Total size of photo archive
The archive is further detailed by date. All the available dates, the number of images in them and their total size are displayed in the “Directories” section. All the available images will appear on the right side if you select any directory. You can immediately view them. You can use the DEL key to delete unnecessary images or directories either in the list of directories, or in the list of images. This makes it easy to “clean” the photo archive.
New Biometric Desktop Reader FPR- UD25/09/2019
Combo Desktop Reader
NET KIT Kits11/09/2019
Links to New Products
Features of the network controller NC – M10/01/2019
Controller NC - M
Information about our products05/09/2018
Link to materials